Wow! I got nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by (the really awesome) Rebekah Burgess (check her poetry out). This is the first time this has ever happened (and kind of really amazing that someone likes it enough to nominate my randomness (because this blog really IS random!).
Note to Rebekah: I love your layout. And the poem “Why ‘bad’ girls like ‘bad’ guys“
And so there are specific instructions of what I’m supposed to do:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. (So thank you, Rebekah!)
- Include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So seven things about myself:
- I read really fast. Like, really fast. I can read 10 good books in a week (except for anything from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin because it takes me about a month and extra poundage when he writes about Feasts and Food).
- I work in Oxfam as an emergencies officer. Which is why when there’s a huge disaster (and there always is in the Philippines), my blog dies a little death.
- I rather feel like a well-adjusted person because I get to blog. Therapy! Saves money! I got serious about this one because I needed to get over something and it helped.
- I think that there are few greater things better than a cold room, an incredibly soft bed, a million pillows and an amazing night of sleep.
- I have an amazing boyfriend who fully supports my blogging (and tumblr). So he sends me emails and emails of zipped photos in the hopes that some will make it to the wordpress cut (since my standards here are a lot higher than in tumblr). I think he’s one of the main reasons why I got my hits and subscribers up. Imma gonna be a little bit smarmy and cheesy and say I hope you’re lucky enough to find someone who can support your creativity!
- One of my secret fantasies is to take two weeks off to escape, fly to Phuket and train for Muay Thai.
- I’m small but I have some (minor) anger management issues. Which probably shouldn’t be encouraged by the Muay Thai.
I follow a lot of blogs! And most are linked
I have really enjoyed reading others’ work on here. My favs (allthough it’s only 14!):
- Joanna Goddard’s A Cup of Jo (seriously, I follow this as much as I can). She has a ruggedly handsome husband, an awesome job, and possibly one of the cutest babies on the planet.
- Taza and Husband - which is a like a very cute chronological diary of Noemi and Josh and then eventually, their adorable little Eleanor.
- Coco and Kelley - for the most gorgeous glamorous things.
- Thx Thx Thx
- To My Wife
- Citified - ditto for the most gorgeous glamorous things.
- Black Eiffel
- Design Sponge - anything to do with houses and interior design has my name written all over.
- Postsecret - some of those postcards HURT.
- Just Little Things
- The Neo-traditionalist
- The Sartorialist
- Garance Dore
- La Petite Choue